Position: First Stage Researcher (R1) / Support Activities
Job status: Full-time 8 hours per day
Type of contract: Permanent
Date of start: July 2019
Application deadline: 17 June 2019
Research and development activities in the field of supporting the active and healthy aging of seniors through the development of ICT-based solutions specially adapted for their needs and requirements. Activities will be performed within the currently funded AAL projects - PETAL, IOANNA, Ella4Life and the upcoming new ones - VirtuAAL SCP, POSITIVE, frAAgiLE.
The respective solutions are developed within the AAL (Active and Assisted Living) Programme. These initiatives receive double funding (research is funded jointly by the National Funding Agency - UEFISCDI and complemented by the European Commission). The AAL Programme focuses significantly on users. It means that the funded projects must foresee a series of tests to carry out by the final users of the products and the services. This is a requirement that aims at helping to generate solutions with a potential market in a timeframe of 2-3 years after the end of the projects.
The successful candidate will be compensated financially in accordance with the level of expertise and the budget of the projects. She/he will have access to the most updated novelties in the field of active aging and will have the opportunity to work in an international and diversified environment (will interact with people and organizations from different EU countries and with various backgrounds - technical, business, social, medical, etc). The project will support the attendance of the researchers at national and international conferences and consortium meetings in the frame of the project.
To fill this vacant post, candidates must meet the following general conditions:
a) has Romanian citizenship, citizenship of other EU Member States or states belonging to the European Economic Area and domicile in Romania;
b) knows very well the Romanian language, written and spoken;
d) has a state of health corresponding to the position for which he / she is applying, certified on the basis of the medical certificate issued by the family doctor or the authorized health care units;
e) fulfils the conditions of studies and, depending on the case, seniority or other specific conditions according to the requirements of the job offering;
f) has no criminal record.
1. In-house assessment and selection of the applicant’s dossiers - eliminatory
2. Interview plus written test regarding the level of English knowledge
3. Submission of all required documents needed for hiring from the selected candidate
1. Candidates will submit by email at firstname.lastname@example.org a competition dossier containing the following documents (as PDF files):
- a cover letter detailing the rationale and motivation for their application to this contest (free format)
- a resume / CV in Europass format, including the scientific publication list – if exists
- scanned copies of documents attesting the level of studies and other documents attesting relevant specializations
- the criminal record OR a statement on her/his own responsibility that she/he has no criminal record that renders her/him incompatible with the job that is applying for
Final date for sending applications: 17.06.2019
2. Interview and written test of the selected candidates will take place on the second half of June 2019 in our premises (Fundatia Ana Aslan International) from Spatarului str. No. 3A, Sector 2, Bucharest; each candidate will be announced in due time about the proposed time of their interviews.
Decision regarding the selection's outcome will be communicated to each candidate in maximum 10 days from the interview.
3. The selected candidate will afterwards be invited to provide all the legal documents needed for being hired and to sign the employment contract.
REQUIRED EDUCATION LEVEL
University studies: preferably (but not exclusive) in Medical, Social or Computer
Sciences (with specific interest on human-computer interaction)
ENGLISH: Independent user both in speaking and writing - minimum B1 level according to the CEFR (Common European Framework of Reference for Languages) descriptors
- Basic knowledge in running desk and field research activities - familiar with research methods such as questionnaires, interviews and focus groups;
- Sound level of computer literacy;
- Knowledgeable in drafting reports;
- Open attitude towards and ability for working within a team and also individually on assigned tasks - proven self-discipline and commitment in keeping deadlines; astute attention to details
- Open to learn new skills and get familiarized with novel concepts.
Main responsibilities of the position:
- Contributes, within the degree of competency, to the desk research activities from national and international relevant sources with the purpose of identifying existing data on the user profile, needs and requirements
- Implements the established methodology for field research (e.g. questionnaires, interviews, focus groups), and contributes to the collection of data
- Works closely with the end-users and the technical partners in the implementation of the field pilot testing sessions for the iteratively developed prototypes - is involved in recruitment and selection of end-users, in training and in assisting them during the real-life testing sessions;
- Performs permanent or occasional tasks within the support activities distributed to her/him within the project;